Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Product Review

At work, we have always used Norton products to take care of our computers. So when Mom Central offered me the chance to try Symantec Norton 360 out at home, I gave it a try.

From their website:
Norton 360 Version 2.0 delivers industry leading protection and performance in an easy to use all-in-one solution. With a single subscription up to three PCs are protected, safeguarding your family by verifying trusted Web sites, blocking fake ones, and securely managing user names and passwords so that they can safely shop, bank, or browse online. Norton 360 V2.0 also helps keep your PCs running at peak performance and protects your data by making it easy to automatically back up and restore files locally or to a secured online storage service.

I have a MacBook at home. Since Macs aren’t as virus-prone as PCs are, I have never really given security a thought. But my husband just recently bought a PC laptop and I know what can happen with those.

Norton 360 is so easy to use. It is pretty much “set it and forget it”. My husband is totally a non-techie and he has no problem with it. It runs in the background and doesn’t give you the horrible pop-ups every few minutes like some anti-virus and spyware programs do. Plus, it doesn’t slow down the speed of your computer. Big Plus.

If you haven’t had a chance to use Norton products, I suggest you give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment