Monday, June 18, 2007

Picture me disappointed

I broke down and subscribed to HBO so I could watch the Flight of The Conchords series. I was disappointed.

I love their singing. And who wouldn't with lyrics like this...

There's just a little bit of dust in my eye
Just from the path that you made when you said your goodbye.
I'm not weeping cause you won't be here to hold my hand,
For your information there's an inflammation in my tear-gland.
I'm not upset because you left me this way,
My eyes are just a little sweaty today.
They've been looking around a lot, searching for you,
They've been looking for you,
Even though I told them not to.

or

Making love
Making love for 2
Making love for 2 minutes
When it is with me you only need 2 minutes
'Cause I am so intense
2 minutes in Heaven is better than 1 minute in Heaven
Then you say something like "Is that it?"
I know what you are trying to say
You’re tiring to say "Aww yea...that's it."
Then you tell me you want some more
Well I am not surprised
But I am quite sleepy


But the show itself...not so great.

On a happier note, I also got the HDTV signal and a DVR. I love the DVR. Our wedding is a week from Wednesday.

I found this little gem the other morning. It was good for about 20 minutes or so then I had to find something with words to watch.

______

We put an offer in on another house in Iowa last week, but someone snuck in right before us and got it. We had looked at it last summer and liked it, but they were asking way too much money for it then. They dropped the price $16,000 and that's when we jumped on it, but we were beaten to the punch.

The commander is on his way up there right now to look at at least four houses. There is one I really like. It is blah looking on the outside, but inside it has all of the built-in Craftsman type woodwork. The house is about half of the square footage than we have now and the lot isn't that big, but I can adapt.





There is another one that is closer in footage to what we have now and a pretty big lot, but it is in the less desirable part of town. It isn't a bad part of town, but the people on that side don't take as good of care of the outside of their properties as they could. It is also a little farther away from the school, library, pool, and park than what we would really like, but since you pretty much have to wait until someone dies or moves into the rest home for a house to become available, you have to take what you can get. (Did I mention there are less than 1,000 people in this town? And only one fast food place, Dairy Queen, and it is only open in the summer!)



Whatever we get, we are going to have to remodel. It really doesn't matter because the house prices up there are crazy low.

(I would say to wish us luck, but some of you who read this don't want us to move and would rather put a hex on it.)

Your Power Element is Wood

Your power colors: green and brown

Your energy: generative

Your season: spring

Like a tree, you are always growing and changing.
And while your life is dynamic, you are firmly grounded.
You have high morals and great confidence in yourself and others.
You have a wide set of interests, and you make for intersting company.

No comments:

Post a Comment