Tuesday, May 06, 2008

100 things I have done. (Did? Dood?)

People have lists of things they want to do, but I wanted to do a list of things I have done.

What about you?

1. Attend at least one major sporting event: Dodgers vs. Astros, Fiesta Bowl, KC Royals Game, a few Atlanta Braves games.

2. Throw a huge party and invite every one of my friends: I’ve had a few of those.

3. Be an extra in a film: I was an extra in a commercial. Does that count?

4. Make love on a forest floor: In the woods, beside the lake.

5. Learn how to take a compliment: Why, thank you.

6. Be a member of the audience in a TV show: The Price is Right and A Different World.

7. Get to know my neighbors: I miss my old neighbors.

8. Plant a tree: I have planted many trees!

9. Learn not to say yes when I really mean no: I have amazed a co-worker with this ability.

10. Write a fan letter to my all-time favorite actor or actress: Wrote a fan letter to Tom Hanks when he was on Bosom Buddies. He sent me a postcard thanking me for “the lovely letter”!

11. Visit the Senate and the House of Representatives to see how Congress really works: I went to Girls’ State and learned all of this, but I have been to the Oklahoma Capitol and experienced this first hand.

12. Fall deeply in love: Did it!

13. Be someone's mentor: I had a couple of students I mentored. I miss them too.

14. See a lunar eclipse: These are really cool.

15. Get passionate about a cause and spend time helping it, instead of just thinking about it: I was on the Board of Directors for Big Brothers/Big Sisters here in town for four years and was Executive Vice-President for one term.

16. Make a complete and utter fool of myself: Who hasn’t done that?

17. Write my will: Done it. Need to revise it.

18. Sleep under the stars: Did it until the storm rolled in.

19. Learn how to complain effectively -- and do it!: Sheez. I complain in my sleep I’m so good at it.

20. Spend a whole day reading a great novel: I was sick last week. I read three.

21. Learn to juggle with three balls: I can do this for a short period of time.

22. Find a job I love: I have had two of those.

23. Buy my own house and then spend time making it into exactly what I want: We had ours built like we wanted it and have made it entirely ours.

24. Grow a garden: Would be nice to have one the deer didn’t get into.

25. Drive a convertible with the top down and music blaring: Shuh. My first car out of college was a convertible. Then I got a family.

26. Accept myself for who you are: I accept, but don’t really like it from time to time.

27. Learn to use a microphone and give a speech in public: Yuck.

28. Attend one really huge rock concert: Dave Matthews Band and The Rolling Stones.

29. Be able to handle: my tax forms, Jehovah's Witnesses, my banker, telephone solicitors: Done, done and done.

30. Give to a charity – anonymously: All the time.

31. Fart in a crowded space: No comment.

32. Make love on the kitchen floor: Again, no comment.

33. Create my own web site: Here you are!

34. Visit the Holy Land: Tried to…



Heh. Just kidding.

34. Look into your child's eyes, see yourself, and smile: Dang kid looks just like me.

35. Be interviewed on T.V.: I make TV for a living so I have found my way on screen from time to time.

36. Get married: 13 years, 7 months ago.

37. Have a family: 8 years, 3 months ago.

38. Go to a Broadway stage show: We saw Phantom of the Opera last year.

39. Watch a sunset with someone special: The Commander and I used to go and sit on the dock and watch the sunset at least once a week.

40. Fill up my bookshelf with books: Overflowing!

41. Own a house: I own #3 and #4 right now.

42. Help build a house for a homeless family: I volunteered with Habitat one weekend.

43. Pay off my student loan: I only had one student loan for $200 during my college years. I paid it off right away.

44. Publish a book of my photos: I did this with iPhoto for my MIL and The Commander.

45. Air travel in first class: It was a short trip, but I managed to down a couple of Bloody Marys.

46. Learn how to eat properly with chopsticks: Still prefer a fork.

47. Develop a roll of film from my own photographs: I took a photography and darkroom class years ago.

48. Visit a pub in London: Awesome experience.

49. Visit the Alps in Switzerland: Totally awesome experience.

50. Help someone get into or through college: Do your kids count? This crap is hard.

51. Go peach picking and make cobbler: Oh yeah.

52. Meet someone famous: Gordon Jump – WKRP and the Maytag repairman.

53. Take tap dancing lessons: When I was in Kindergarten.

54. Tithe: Every month.

55. Go to religious services other than my own: Catholic, Seven Day Adventist and Latter Day Saints.

56. Rewire a lamp: I am Ms. Electrician. You have a ceiling fan you need hung? I’m there. Your outlet doesn’t work? I can fix it.

57. Have a family portrait taken: It is tough, but it can be done.

58. Be bold and take my action figures out of the box: Value be damned!

59. Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower: Loved it.

60. Know where my things are at a banquet: BMW. Left to right – bread, meal, water.

61. Become an editor and get paid to correct other people's grammar errors: Heh, I get to do that from time to time.

62. Get a tattoo: My tattoo will turn 21 years old on the 19th of this month.

63. Get my belly button pierced: For three weeks. My pants kept snagging it.

64. Dye my hair an outrageous color: Um, let’s not talk about that.

65. Play Laser Tag: Did it in February. Fun!

66. Ride a motorcycle: Been doing it since I was little. Currently own two of them.

67. Take a picture in a photo booth: I miss photo booths.

68. Hold a bear cub: These guys are so cute.

69. Stay awake for 24 hours: 38. I don’t recommend it.

70. Watch a movie being filmed: Did for a short time, but someone from the crew got all bent out of shape.

71. Get a book autographed: I got to meet Debbie Macomber last May.

72. Get something published in a newspaper or magazine: Some of the photos I have taken at work have made it.

73. Ride in a helicopter: I was nervous at first, but once I was up there, it was great.

74. See a movie at a drive-in: It has been a while.

75. Get a professional massage: You betcha!

76. Draw on a wall: My wall at work has a large chalk drawing of a hibiscus flower.

77. Donate blood: It is hard for me because I have wonky veins.

78. Be on the front page of the Sunday paper: Did it! The Daily Oklahoman had a large, color photo of me and the Commander at an Oklahoma State/Iowa State football game.

79. Get a college degree: BA in Radio/Television/Film Production and Performance with a Minor in English.

80. Rescue a dog from the pound: His name is Cooper and he has been with us for 2 ½ years.

81. Win at a Bingo Hall: Bingo!

82. Crash a tailgating party: They didn’t know me, but I still got beer.

83. Catch something and eat it: Crappie and bass. Yum.

84. Take my son on a toy shopping spree: He got a lot of cash for his birthday one year. He spent loads.

85. Win an award: Scholar Athlete in high school.

86. Go to State in an athletic even: 4th place in the Discus my Freshman year.

87. Process inmates into jail: Crazy, but yes, I have done this.

88. Sip a Tequila Sunrise while at the horse track: My dad bought it for me.

89. Eat a doggie treat: Just once. I was curious.

90. Watch the movie Grease 13 times: It was when it first came out on HBO. I’m a fan.

91. Eat Bison, Elk, Emu, Ostrich, Deer or other wild animal: I have had them all in Jerky form. Tasty.

92. Have a smiley face inlaid into my porcelain crown: It broke, but now I have a paw print and Saturn.

93. Learn to correctly make chicken gravy: It took a while, but I got it down.

94. Reconnect with a high school friend: In the process right now. I got in touch with her dad and he is passing the message along.

95. Sit and listen to nature: Frogs, geese, and birds (including woodpeckers and wild turkeys) are making up the majority of the ambient noise at my house right now.

96. Get high blood pressure: Not funny.

97. Get high cholesterol: Still not funny.

98. Get TMJ: Funny? Not at all.

99. Get Carpal Tunnel: Shut up.

100. Live 40 years: Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment