People have lists of things they want to do, but I wanted to do a list of things I have done.
What about you?
1. Attend at least one major sporting event: Dodgers vs. Astros, Fiesta Bowl, KC Royals Game, a few Atlanta Braves games.
2. Throw a huge party and invite every one of my friends: I’ve had a few of those.
3. Be an extra in a film: I was an extra in a commercial. Does that count?
4. Make love on a forest floor: In the woods, beside the lake.
5. Learn how to take a compliment: Why, thank you.
6. Be a member of the audience in a TV show: The Price is Right and A Different World.
7. Get to know my neighbors: I miss my old neighbors.
8. Plant a tree: I have planted many trees!
9. Learn not to say yes when I really mean no: I have amazed a co-worker with this ability.
10. Write a fan letter to my all-time favorite actor or actress: Wrote a fan letter to Tom Hanks when he was on Bosom Buddies. He sent me a postcard thanking me for “the lovely letter”!
11. Visit the Senate and the House of Representatives to see how Congress really works: I went to Girls’ State and learned all of this, but I have been to the Oklahoma Capitol and experienced this first hand.
12. Fall deeply in love: Did it!
13. Be someone's mentor: I had a couple of students I mentored. I miss them too.
14. See a lunar eclipse: These are really cool.
15. Get passionate about a cause and spend time helping it, instead of just thinking about it: I was on the Board of Directors for Big Brothers/Big Sisters here in town for four years and was Executive Vice-President for one term.
16. Make a complete and utter fool of myself: Who hasn’t done that?
17. Write my will: Done it. Need to revise it.
18. Sleep under the stars: Did it until the storm rolled in.
19. Learn how to complain effectively -- and do it!: Sheez. I complain in my sleep I’m so good at it.
20. Spend a whole day reading a great novel: I was sick last week. I read three.
21. Learn to juggle with three balls: I can do this for a short period of time.
22. Find a job I love: I have had two of those.
23. Buy my own house and then spend time making it into exactly what I want: We had ours built like we wanted it and have made it entirely ours.
24. Grow a garden: Would be nice to have one the deer didn’t get into.
25. Drive a convertible with the top down and music blaring: Shuh. My first car out of college was a convertible. Then I got a family.
26. Accept myself for who you are: I accept, but don’t really like it from time to time.
27. Learn to use a microphone and give a speech in public: Yuck.
28. Attend one really huge rock concert: Dave Matthews Band and The Rolling Stones.
29. Be able to handle: my tax forms, Jehovah's Witnesses, my banker, telephone solicitors: Done, done and done.
30. Give to a charity – anonymously: All the time.
31. Fart in a crowded space: No comment.
32. Make love on the kitchen floor: Again, no comment.
33. Create my own web site: Here you are!
34. Visit the Holy Land: Tried to…
Heh. Just kidding.
34. Look into your child's eyes, see yourself, and smile: Dang kid looks just like me.
35. Be interviewed on T.V.: I make TV for a living so I have found my way on screen from time to time.
36. Get married: 13 years, 7 months ago.
37. Have a family: 8 years, 3 months ago.
38. Go to a Broadway stage show: We saw Phantom of the Opera last year.
39. Watch a sunset with someone special: The Commander and I used to go and sit on the dock and watch the sunset at least once a week.
40. Fill up my bookshelf with books: Overflowing!
41. Own a house: I own #3 and #4 right now.
42. Help build a house for a homeless family: I volunteered with Habitat one weekend.
43. Pay off my student loan: I only had one student loan for $200 during my college years. I paid it off right away.
44. Publish a book of my photos: I did this with iPhoto for my MIL and The Commander.
45. Air travel in first class: It was a short trip, but I managed to down a couple of Bloody Marys.
46. Learn how to eat properly with chopsticks: Still prefer a fork.
47. Develop a roll of film from my own photographs: I took a photography and darkroom class years ago.
48. Visit a pub in London: Awesome experience.
49. Visit the Alps in Switzerland: Totally awesome experience.
50. Help someone get into or through college: Do your kids count? This crap is hard.
51. Go peach picking and make cobbler: Oh yeah.
52. Meet someone famous: Gordon Jump – WKRP and the Maytag repairman.
53. Take tap dancing lessons: When I was in Kindergarten.
54. Tithe: Every month.
55. Go to religious services other than my own: Catholic, Seven Day Adventist and Latter Day Saints.
56. Rewire a lamp: I am Ms. Electrician. You have a ceiling fan you need hung? I’m there. Your outlet doesn’t work? I can fix it.
57. Have a family portrait taken: It is tough, but it can be done.
58. Be bold and take my action figures out of the box: Value be damned!
59. Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower: Loved it.
60. Know where my things are at a banquet: BMW. Left to right – bread, meal, water.
61. Become an editor and get paid to correct other people's grammar errors: Heh, I get to do that from time to time.
62. Get a tattoo: My tattoo will turn 21 years old on the 19th of this month.
63. Get my belly button pierced: For three weeks. My pants kept snagging it.
64. Dye my hair an outrageous color: Um, let’s not talk about that.
65. Play Laser Tag: Did it in February. Fun!
66. Ride a motorcycle: Been doing it since I was little. Currently own two of them.
67. Take a picture in a photo booth: I miss photo booths.
68. Hold a bear cub: These guys are so cute.
69. Stay awake for 24 hours: 38. I don’t recommend it.
70. Watch a movie being filmed: Did for a short time, but someone from the crew got all bent out of shape.
71. Get a book autographed: I got to meet Debbie Macomber last May.
72. Get something published in a newspaper or magazine: Some of the photos I have taken at work have made it.
73. Ride in a helicopter: I was nervous at first, but once I was up there, it was great.
74. See a movie at a drive-in: It has been a while.
75. Get a professional massage: You betcha!
76. Draw on a wall: My wall at work has a large chalk drawing of a hibiscus flower.
77. Donate blood: It is hard for me because I have wonky veins.
78. Be on the front page of the Sunday paper: Did it! The Daily Oklahoman had a large, color photo of me and the Commander at an Oklahoma State/Iowa State football game.
79. Get a college degree: BA in Radio/Television/Film Production and Performance with a Minor in English.
80. Rescue a dog from the pound: His name is Cooper and he has been with us for 2 ½ years.
81. Win at a Bingo Hall: Bingo!
82. Crash a tailgating party: They didn’t know me, but I still got beer.
83. Catch something and eat it: Crappie and bass. Yum.
84. Take my son on a toy shopping spree: He got a lot of cash for his birthday one year. He spent loads.
85. Win an award: Scholar Athlete in high school.
86. Go to State in an athletic even: 4th place in the Discus my Freshman year.
87. Process inmates into jail: Crazy, but yes, I have done this.
88. Sip a Tequila Sunrise while at the horse track: My dad bought it for me.
89. Eat a doggie treat: Just once. I was curious.
90. Watch the movie Grease 13 times: It was when it first came out on HBO. I’m a fan.
91. Eat Bison, Elk, Emu, Ostrich, Deer or other wild animal: I have had them all in Jerky form. Tasty.
92. Have a smiley face inlaid into my porcelain crown: It broke, but now I have a paw print and Saturn.
93. Learn to correctly make chicken gravy: It took a while, but I got it down.
94. Reconnect with a high school friend: In the process right now. I got in touch with her dad and he is passing the message along.
95. Sit and listen to nature: Frogs, geese, and birds (including woodpeckers and wild turkeys) are making up the majority of the ambient noise at my house right now.
96. Get high blood pressure: Not funny.
97. Get high cholesterol: Still not funny.
98. Get TMJ: Funny? Not at all.
99. Get Carpal Tunnel: Shut up.
100. Live 40 years: Done.