Saturday, November 14, 2009

One of the many reasons...

...I read her blog.


"As for grammar pet peeves, the misplaced plural/possessive apostrophe drives me BATSHIT. Jesus Lord God. Here, people, IT'S EASY:

RIGHT: I don't like blogs because I don't think bloggers are good writers.

WRONG: I don't like blog's because I don't think blogger's are good writer's.

RIGHT: I cannot stand that blogger's overuse of the caps lock key.

WRONG: I cannot stand that bloggers overuse of the cap's lock key.

Got it? Good. Please don't ever do it again."


Amen, Sister Friend.

2 comments:

  1. She definitely needs my "your bad grammar makes baby Jesus cry" flair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm a nerd, but I think the second example doesn't need an apostrophe in "blogger's". Baby Jesus is crying; just thought you should know.
    I will go crawl in a hole now.

    ReplyDelete