Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Literal Tree

I survived the Great Southern Plains Rendezvous of 08!

(We made it through a weekend of Scout Camp. Next time, remind me to take the air mattress just in case I am too big of a princess to use just a sleeping pad. (I am.))

A bunch of the little monkeys were climbing this great-for-climbing tree. The Boy asked if he could climb the tree. Uh, Hell to the No. We were out in the middle of nowhere. I know how graceful he is (He gets that from me.) and I didn't want to risk it. He kept asking and kept asking and kept asking until he wore me down.

"Okay, but don't go real high and BE CAREFUL."

This caused much elation on his part. He spun around and took off running toward the tree. Then he immediately tripped over a tent stake and went ass over tea kettle.

There ya go.

__________

Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. - George Carlin

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:07 PM

    That is Really funny!
    Uh Hell to the no,
    and Ass over tea kettle.

    lmfao.

    Mr. Motorcycle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:17 PM

    Sherry, Shoot me an e-mail. It's in my Blog profile. You know where to find me. I have to tell ya something. But not through blog comments.

    Mr. Motorcycle

    ReplyDelete