Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dear New Town

You're killing me.

I'm trying to give someone hundreds of dollars to put in a chain link fence and I am having no luck what-so-ever!

Five phone messages left.

1) Never returned call.

2) Never returned call.

3) Returned call. Made an appointment to meet with me. Never showed up. Didn't return "Where the hell are you?" call.

4) Returned call. Made an appointment to meet with me. Never showed up. Didn't bother making "WTHAY?" call.

5) Returned call. Said he would "try to make it out there this week". When informed that I was leaving town at 11am on Wednesday, he said, "I will try to make it out there before you leave."

Seriously? WTF is wrong with people?

I went to the building center in the Minnesota town we frequent and got a three page list of contractors. The guy circled three people he said have put in chain link fences. I'm calling first thing tomorrow. I can not deal with these dogs not having a fence much longer.

Anyone out there with chain link skills willing to travel to Iowa and put in a fence? Free room and board while you are here!

2 comments:

  1. I told you to go a little further north ;p

    But really - it'll go better soon, it's the "busy season" and all the contractors get themselves backed up quickly & easily.... Hopefully you'll have some luck with the new list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:26 PM

    I tried to pay someone quite a bit of money to mow our yard last summer, but couldn't get anyone to answer my phone calls or come out here.

    Hopefully you can get your fence soon. I know its hard with dogs.

    ReplyDelete