Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mothers' Day

When The Boy was two years old, his daycare teacher helped the kids in his class make gifts for their moms. The teacher would ask each kid a question and then write their answer down on.

When I arrived to pick him up that afternoon, there was a gathering of teachers waiting for me. I didn't know what the heck was going on.

Now keep in mind that he was only two and you know how kids think.



Yeah, I was flabbergasted as well.

Now I knew why all the teachers were waiting for me.

I told them I would find out what the heck he was talking about and get back to them.

It took a while (you know how two year olds are), but I finally figured it out!

Me: I don't put soap in your mouth.

Him: Yes you do!

Me: What color is it?

Him: Blue!

Me: Is it toothpaste?

Him: Yes!

It never fails to make me smile. I have kept it on my fridge for seven plus years.

I love you, Chicken Pot Pie*.

The Best Mom Ever,
Mom


*I told him now that he was ten, he could pick out a new nickname for me to call him. He said he liked Chicken Pot Pie and he wanted to keep it.

1 comment:

  1. Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie!

    AWESOME nickname.

    And I'm still laughing about the soap in the mouth. Good thing you didn't live in Texas because it wouldn't be teachers waiting on you, it would be the cops. Reminds me once of the a kid of a guy my husband worked with. He was telling the story of a Father's Day gift gone awry when asked at 4 what his daddy does for work and he replied, "He makes and sells drugs". That man was interrogated for 10 hours by the police after that. My husband and his friend work at a chemical facility that supplies chemicals for many of your common drugs. LOL.

    ReplyDelete