9/11 Mix Mania
2,996 people died five years ago. It isn’t those people I think about when I think about that day. I think about the ones left behind. For every one of those 2,996 people who died, there are loved ones still here - parents, brothers, sisters, wives, husbands, kids, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. Countless people touched by that day.
This CD is for them.
1. You Are My Sunshine – Ray Charles
When my son was born, this is the song I sang to him every night. He is my sunshine and I can’t imagine him ever being gone.
2. He Was in Heaven Before He Died – John Prine
“A person can’t tell his best friend he loves him.” Do so. Every day.
3. Photographs & Memories – Jim Croce
4. Every Mother’s Son – Matt Dusk
5. There You’ll Be – Faith Hill
6. Birdhouse in Your Soul – They Might Be Giants
An odd song to choose, but I like it.
7. Always Something There to Remind Me – Naked Eyes
This is one of my most favorite songs ever.
8. My Favorite Memory – Merle Haggard
9. How High Did You Go? – John Conlee
How do you want to be remembered?
10. Return to Me – Dean Martin
I love the song and I really love the movie. I don’t cry at movies much, but I cry at least three times each time I watch it.
11. Painter Song – Norah Jones
12. Seasons of Love – Rent
How do you measure a year in the life?
13. Hold On - R. Kelly
14. Shower The People You Love – James Taylor
15. If Tomorrow Never Comes – Garth Brooks
16. Let The Day Begin – The Call
I love this song. The Boy likes it too.
17. America The Beautiful – Ray Charles