Monday, September 25, 2006

Party like it's your birthday

People, people, people. What is it with you and these freaky baby names?

We attended a birthday party yesterday for a friend's little girl. I kid you not, there were kids there named - Montrey, Django, and Scotland. WTF?

Montrey - girl, forgot to ask where the name was from

Django - boy, I did ask and found out he was named for Django Reinhardt

Scotland - girl, asked and found out ancestors were from Scotland (Wouldn't it have been easier to just give her a good Scottish name like "Una" (Winifred), "Eithne" (Anna), "Meadhbh" (Maeve), or "Fionnaghal (Fiona)?)

Totally fell in love with my friend's niece who belongs to this woman. Almost tucked her under my arm and took her home with me.

The boy fell in love with my friend's brother brother's go-cart.

Most, if not all, of the women there were the stay at home/home school moms that I have TOTALLY NOTHING IN COMMON WITH! Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment