Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Quick with the retort

I have a t-shirt with an old school type photo of a guy bowling and the words "Spare Me" on it.

I was wearing it last night when I stopped by the c-store to get some milk and the boy an Icee.

This is the conversation I had with the clerk (to the best of my recollection.)

Clerk - Your shirt bowls me over.
Me - Does it strike your fancy?
Clerk - Oooo. I'm pinned behind the counter.
Me - (Speaking to the boy) It's right up his alley.
Clerk - I cry foul!
Clerk and Me - Ha ha ha ha ha!
People in line behind me - WTF?
Me - Can I get a bag?
Clerk - Before you split?

Good times.

4 comments:

  1. Which C-store? I have found that the wit of many of the C-store clerks in this town are of a higher grade than say those in OKC or Tulsa or other surrounding areas--and certainly of Ripley. I think its their college education being put to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE when other people get it and play along - even better when others around us are clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The store at Washington and Richmond up north of town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:05 PM

    was the clerk a really big guy? if so, that is YEARS of C-store experience showing through. I know that guy.

    ReplyDelete