Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Are you on my list?

You Are a Funny Gift Giver

Your gifts are wacky, offbeat, and even borderline naughty.
You prefer to give a gift that makes someone crack up...
Forget utility. You prefer to give something that's totally hilarious.


___________________

Wow. Thanksgiving. I'm so tired and I haven't even made a dent in the dirty clothes piles.

We went up to our house in Iowa on Wednesday and immediately drove to Minnesota for some awesome pizza from our favorite hole-in-the-wall pizza joint. We returned to the house and what did we find? (drum roll) A leaky pipe! The Commander went to the c-store and got some duct tape for a temp fix. It still dripped, but it didn't spew. We had to coordinate all of our bathroom visits. "I'm turning the water on! Anyone need to go?" or "I'm turning the water on! Everyone needs to shower."

Thursday we went to The Commander's Aunt's house for lunch. I got to try a new food. Lefse. Ever heard of it? I had recently read about people eating it, but I didn't know what it was. Now I do. We told the relatives about the plumbing problem. My MIL and FIL (RIP) were friends with the plumber, so my SIL called him for us and left him a message.

Friday morning we went for breakfast at the new coffee shop and when we came out, the plumber was driving by. He pulled into the parking lot and told us he had been looking for us. I guess he recognized The Commander because he looks just like his dad (RIP). We met him at the house and he got us fixed up. For now. He said there are a couple of things that need to be done in the future and once we get settled in to give him a call and he will come back over.

Then we went and bought me some new furniture! It looks similar to this, but with a sleeper sofa hide-a-bed. Plus a matching stand alone recliner. They had the recliner in stock, so they delivered it, but they had to order the sectional pit group. And yes, it is that light color leather. The room it is going into has a dark green carpet so we thought this would go with it a little better than a dark leather. And, it matches the dogs.

We were so thrilled to get the recliner into the house. We had been sitting on patio furniture. If we hadn't been sleeping on air mattresses, it might not have been a problem, but my back was killing me. We took turns sitting in the recliner to help ease our aching backs. After the first night on a wee thin air mattress, The Commander bought us a fancy, 18" air mattress with memory foam. It was better, but there is nothing like a legit mattress for some quality sleep.

Friday night we were back at the pizza place for a birthday party for some cousins.

Saturday we put in some shelf liner. And put in some shelf liner. And put in some shelf liner. We still didn't get it all in.

We drove over to the University for a bit and stopped at our favorite handmade candy shop where I spent $54 FOR CANDY. Mostly caramels. MMMMMMM. We stopped for supper and I had a couple of weak margaritas that didn't even buzz me. Bummer.

We drove back to Oklahoma on Sunday and I'm about to fall over I am so tired.

So, there ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment