Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Meme

Play along if you’d like. Leave me a comment so I can go read your answers.

1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? Olay something or the other (purple on wrapper) bar and Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber wash

2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No, but if you would have asked me a few months ago, I would have said yes.

3. What would you change about your living room? Keep the fireplace, everything else must go.

4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Clean.

5. What is in your fridge? Milk, Minute Maid Pomegranate Blueberry juice, Harvest Moon beer (yucky), Alizé (yummy), four cooked chicken breasts (I need to figure out what to do with them), leftover Hideaway pizza, 19 eggs, yogurt, jellies, pickles, Country Crock, sliced cheese, apples, etc

6. White or wheat bread? White

7. What is on top of your refrigerator? Camera, two pitchers, two room sprays, junk.

8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Green, Lavender and Blue. It has squares with leaves on them.

9. How many plants are in your home? 2. Anyone need some Aloe Vera? I got two huge pots outside for the taking.

10. Is your bed made right now? Rarely do I make the bed. I do pull the covers up so they are smooth, but I don’t do the fancy fold-over with the bedspread and pillows.

11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Countertop Spray in lavender or Mr. Clean’s Power Wipes. For stains, I use a goat’s milk laundry detergent made into a paste.

12. Is your closet organized? Sort of. Fancy Pants on the left, short sleeves hirts on the upper right, pants and long sleeve shirts on the lower right. Underbritches, socks, shorts, pajamas, sweaters and sweatshirts in the shelves. (I have no dresser) Crap I have pulled out, but decided not to wear, on the floor.

13. Can you describe your flashlight? Maglite Mini in purple.

14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic more at home? Joe’s Cups (plastic)

15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No tea, but I do have some lemonade.

16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? Yes. That’s all I’m going to say on this subject. I can get my car in, that is all that counts.

17. Curtains or blinds? Both.

18. How many pillows do you sleep with? I got some new pillows and I heart them! They are just right so I only have to sleep with one. The package said they are good for side sleepers and they are!

19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? I would prefer not to, but we have to keep the nightlight on in the hall so The Boy doesn’t tumble down the stairs on his way to the bathroom at night.

20. How often do you vacuum? I vacuum the family/TV room at least twice a week. Sometimes more if needed. The rest of the house is on its own.

21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard. And it must be a Mentadent.

22. What color is your toothbrush? Most of the time I have a purple one, but I honestly can’t tell you what the current one is.

23. Do you have welcome mat on your front porch? Living in the country, we have a welcome mat at all three outside doors, plus mats to wipe your feet on inside the house.

24. What is in your oven right now? Some wayward pieces of foil.

25. Is there anything under your bed? Yes, but frankly that is none of your business….

26. Chore you hate the most? Washing dishes.

27. What retro items are in your home? Our new house has flocked wall paper and red shag carpet. The house we are in now is pretty non-retro. We did have an 8 track player.

28. Do you have separate room you use an an office? Well, we call it the office, but it is more like the sewing machine storage room.

29. How many mirrors are in your home? Five. One in each bathroom and one propped up in the corner of our bedroom waiting to be moved to the new house and one on The Commander’s dresser.

30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? We keep rolls of change in a drawer.

31. What color are your walls? White, TV room - pink (supposed to be mauve, but it is more Pepto), master bed - Masquerade (purple), The Boy’s room - blue, Shorty’s room - green, laundry room - country blue.

32. What does your home smell like right now? I don’t know, but Shorty has been having friends over lately and every time they walk in the house they comment on how good it smells. This weekend it smelled like Sarah’s Mom’s White Chicken Chili

33. Favorite candle scent? Grass from Pier 1. They no longer have it and I WANT SOME MORE!

34. What kind of pickles are in your refrigerator right now? Vlassic Kosher Spears and (drum roll please) State Fair Brand Hot Bread and Butter!

35. Ever been on your roof? Not on this house, but I have been on a couple of others.

36. Do you own a stereo? No. I use my DVD Player and the surround sound in the TV room or my boombox in the bedroom.

37. How many TV’s do you have? Five in this house. One in the new house.

38. How many phones? One in the kitchen, one in the TV room, one in the living room, one in Shorty’s room and one in the master bedroom. (Three downstairs, two upstairs) Plus the cell phones.

39. Do you have a housekeeper? I used to use Merry Maids. I’m thinking of calling them up again to really scrub down the house so we can get it ready to go on the market.

40. What style do you decorate in? Decorate?

41. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Solids. Although prints help hide the stains.

42. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Five.

2 comments:

  1. I am disturbed by the specificity of your "what's in the fridge?" answer. Please tell me you had to look. Wait, that's worse. Did you drag the laptop over to the fridge, open it up and start listing? Now I'm really troubled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw, I just know food. I bought groceries this weekend and I knew I had one egg left so I bought an 18 pack. I knew I had four chicken breasts because I cooked them when I made the chili. We had Hideaway Sunday lunch. The Boy is in a yogurt phase. I only buy Country Crock. I always have sliced cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches. Jelly for morning toast (apple butter and seedless blackberry). I was just introduced to the juice last week so I picked some up this weekend. The beer is new. It is pumpkin spice and not very good. The Alizé has been around awhile. Milk is always there. I also bought the pickles this weekend. We love the spears and my MIL always has State Fair Brand B&B at her house and now Sprawlmart carries some of them. The Hot is the best.

    You don't even want to ask me what is in my pantry. I can even tell you what shelf it is on. : )

    ReplyDelete