Friday, November 02, 2007

The Cough - Day 23

Advair, Avelox, Methylprednisolone and Tessalon Perles.

The doctor didn't seem concerned about the blood specks. He did seem concerned that I was still coughing. He thinks it is just irritation from the original cold/allergies.

I'm now on my second go round of antibiotics. He said he doesn't like to prescribe them because he thinks they are overused, but he thought I really needed them.

Plus, steriods! Woo. I will now eat my weight in food. Stand back. It isn't going to be pretty.

Tessalon Perles? Don't let them dissolve in your mouth. Swallow them whole. Although you may have been told to take them instead of cough drops, they aren't lozenges. At all. Trust me.

I have since had three more people tell me there is something going around that has a cough that lasts forever.

Oh, and the rib pain? I have never had a broken rib, but this is what I imagine it feels like. Right below my left chesticle it aches a little, but when I cough, I have to clutch my ribs and say, "Ow!" (or if I'm alone I say something quite different. It involves stomp dancing and popsicle sticks.)

__________________________

The little church ladies are selling their hand-made peanut brittle at the craft fair again. I got five bags of it. They took my phone number so they could call me later to see if I want some more. Duh. I should be in the brittle of the month club and they should automatically send it to me. I love this stuff.

I'm trying to decide - peanut brittle first and then a nap or vice versa?

1 comment:

  1. Peanut brittle, nap, more peanut brittle, nap...

    Wash, rinse, repeat.

    Word verification was fruuuit. LOL!

    ReplyDelete