Thursday, December 04, 2008

Cool Contest!

The folks at True North are holding a really cool contest. They are looking for inspiring stories in America. The winner's story will be turned into a :60 commercial and aired during the Oscars! How neat is that? They are also giving the winner $25,000 to help in the pursuit of their passion. That's not too shabby either.

Here is a bit from their website:

A true north is that singular passion in life that causes you to leap out of bed in the morning and think, “This is why I’m here.” It can be something that leaves a legacy, empowers others, or simply makes the world a more interesting place to live. It could involve a handful of people or connect entire communities across the globe. While every true north is unique, we believe that each one has the power to inspire millions more.

There isn't much that gets me to leap out of bed in the morning, but I do try to help out when I can. I was on the Board of Directors for Big Brothers/Big Sisters for four years. I have taught Sunday School. I volunteered at my son's school. But there are so many people out there who have a deeper passion for helping. Are you one of them?

Get on over their and check out the site for more information!

Thanks to Mom Central for letting us know about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment