Saturday, December 13, 2008

I need your help.

I need a new phone. We have been with our current carrier for three years and since we have moved, we need to change carriers and get new phones.

I've been looking at this one...



Samsung Omnia™

From the website:
Samsung Omnia™
The Samsung Omnia helps keep even the busiest life in balance. It offers the best in features and functionality—all accessed through a full-sized, customizable touch display with drag-and-drop widgets. Loaded with Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional and a full HTML web browser, the Samsung Omnia also includes a 5-megapixel camera and a music player with FM radio—and it’s all wrapped up in a sleek package.


Five Megapixel. The professional auto-focus camera features panorama capture, cropping capabilities and smile/face recognition. In fact, a National Geographic photographer took the Omnia on photo shoots to Easter Island and Peru and found that his photographs rivaled those taken with a professional camera.

It also has Microsoft Office Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile, Bluetooth, Wi Fi and AND! internal GPS!! And Windows Mobile smartphones sync up easily with a PC so transferring files would be a snap. This would be great with my calendar.

Go have a look at it and tell me what you think.






Mom Central

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:32 PM

    I'm having upgrade decision problems with phones. I'm ready for a keyboard finally but they give me so many choices...aaahhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm partial to hardware keyboards so I went with an HTC Touch Pro (The Fuze on AT&T). Verizon is supposed to have/be getting a flavor of it as well. If you don't want the keyboard, check out the Touch Diamond.

    You might look at these reviews:
    http://cluckhoff.com/2008/11/omnia-vs-iphone/
    http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch_diamond_vs_samsung_i900_omnia-review-262.php (this one's a long one)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:33 PM

    Our contract is up, too. Thinking about going with AT&T. Sprint sure had a bunch of dropped calls at our place. I'll probably go with one of their free phones.

    ReplyDelete