Monday, February 02, 2009

I'm so mad right now it isn't even funny.

Every day when I go to pick up the boy from school, I park on the west side of the road. The east side of the road is a no parking area from 7:30am-4:00pm. Yet for some reason, there are always pickup trucks parked on the east side of the road. Right under the no parking sign. I have been sitting there many days while the cop in town drives right by there and doesn't do anything about those trucks illegally parked.

Today, there were some cars parked all wonky where I usually park and, of course, a pickup parked under the no parking sign.

I pulled to the end of the block and waited until the buses went by. Then I pulled around and was going to wait by the no parking sign for the boy to walk over. The truck that was parked there pulled around the corner and parked.

I wasn't there two seconds and a van pulled up behind me, parked and the driver got out with a small child and walked toward the school.

She wasn't across the street when the cop pulled up next to me and rolled his window down. I rolled mine down and he said, "There's no parking on this side of the street until four o'clock."

If you know me well, you know that homey don't play that game. I was thisclose to giving him what-for. It hurt, but I held my tongue. I said, "All right." and he drove off.

I think the next time he drives by the illegally parked trucks while I'm sitting there, I'm going to hop out of the car and suggest he ticket them.

Aaargh! Hulk Smash!

No comments:

Post a Comment