Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Having a ball

My bowling league ended its season last night.

Our team didn't do all that well overall, but we did get a lot of money back. Plus we won third place in the no-tap tourney last fall and second place in the no-tap tourney last night. We got cash for that too!

I received no awards. None. Nada. I was disappointed, but not crushed. I ended the season with the highest average in the league, 168, but since I missed some nights, I wasn't eligible for the award. I had to have bowled 2/3 of the games and I was six games short. Dagnabbit. When they handed out the award to the first (second) place person, the president of the league did mention that actually, I had the highest average, but I was short on games.

Since my average is high, I didn't get any awards for 200 games or high series. I had a 214 game, but needed a 225 for an award and I had a 578 series, but needed to have a 623 to get an award.

Missed it by *that* much.

I did win a door prize though.

The awards for the city tourney are tomorrow night. It looks like I have a couple of second places right now, but I don't know if they are awarding second place.

Crossing fingers.

__________

I changed the background on my blog and now I have the saddest looking bunnies on here. What's up with the long faces, Bunnies? Someone trying to take your eggs?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:02 PM

    Some "bunny" needs a hug! Remember Survivor is on Wednesday (right now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:06 AM

    I did not realize how sad the Nummies were until you pointed it out. Poor Poor Buns!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete