Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Stuff and such

1. What childhood vacation do you remember the most fondly?
Wow. There are a few that stand out. We used to cram everything in our Chevy Nova and off we would go. But the standy-outy-est is probably the time we stayed in Denver for a month or so while my Dad was going to a school for his company. There were two other families who were there for the same reason and they both had kids around my age. We lived at the pool. One night, this guy we had met while we were there offered to take all of the kids (six of us) across the street to a restaurant for a coke. The parents said okay and off we went. But we decided to go down the road a bit to the arcade. Not a good idea. The moms came looking for us and when they didn’t find us, they started to freak. No one in the restaurant had seen a guy come in with six kids. There was a cop in the parking lot and they told him what was going on and he called in a “possible kidnapping”. Zoinks. Not a good thing to say in front of three already freaking out moms. (Why would someone kidnap six kids anyway?) The moms put their heads together and finally thought of the arcade place. Sure enough, there we were. My mom was livid with the guy. (Looking back, I don’t blame her.) To make up for his error, he took the moms to the bar in the hotel and they stayed out most of the night. Krazee. Also in Denver, I heard the song “Funkytown” for the first time and watched “Grease” on HBO 13 times. Of course I held up my cassette recorder to the speaker of the TV to record the songs. After Dad finished that school, he was sent to one in Columbus, Ohio. He drove there by himself while my mom and I flew out to California to visit her family. Then we flew out to Ohio and met up with Dad. I had my first Shirley Temple drink in Ohio. After that school, we loaded up and drove to Pittsburgh, PA to visit one of the families we hung out with in Denver. He is Polish and she is Italian. Small town me was not very impressed with big town Pittsburgh. 22 houses on one block and you could barely walk between them. How is that fun? But the Polish/Italian food rocked! Piled back in the car and drove down to Tennessee to visit my Dad’s family then back home. Good times.

2. How many colors has your hair been?
Naturally brown. Brown with a blonde streak down he middle. Black. Chocolate Peanut Butter (Garnier Nutrisse). Currently brown. For some reason, my hair turned from its natural brown to a wonky ash black color. ????? So I color it back to brown.

3. Would you rather be placed in a tub filled with water snakes or covered with ants?
Snakes. I actually had an ant bite me last night and it hurt. I can deal with snakes. Small critters, not so much.

4. Are you camp Jessica or camp Nick?
Nick. He’s hot.

5. Do you have a swimming pool? Can we come over?
Yes and yes. Bring snacks. And pick up some hard cider on your way.

6. Salty or sweet?
Mmmmmmm. Both.

7. When did you last get a kiss?
Yesterday from the boy. More than a month from a grown-up human man person.

8. Do you play a musical instrument?
Nope. Wish I could.

9. What's your favorite kind of weather?
Fall. Cool. Rainy/cloudy. Good sitting on the porch swing with some French Vanilla Cappuccino, a good book, and a kitty cat in your lap weather.

10. What are you wearing right now?
A black ribbed tank top with a black, tan, and maroon whispy blouse type thingie over it, black jeans, a pair of the Commander’s black Nike socks, and what I refer to as my nurses’ shoes (black, clunky-heeled mules). This is what I call my “fancy clothes”. I’m usually in blue jeans and a casual top with tennis shoes, but we have someone coming in to assess our unit at work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment