Tuesday, June 27, 2006

sweet CORRECTION! Correction!

Nope, a whole stick is what you need. And this time I used an 11oz pack of chocolate and peanut butter chips. (Not the swirls.) Mmmmmmm dee-lish.

(I just made a test batch and realized I needed 1/2 stick butter not a whole one! A whole one will work, but the base layer isn't as sticky-togethery as it should be. I'll make another batch tomorrow with 1/2 stick and let you know. I also used a whole 10oz. bag of chocolate/peanut butter swirl chips and it was just right. So far, the family (*cough* Bonus Son *cough*) has eaten a butt load of them. Now I must go have another. Peace out.)

I'm making these for our par-tay at work Thursday. My Papa used to have me make them for him everytime we got together so I'm naming them for him.

Papa Byrd's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

1/3 box cinnamon graham crackers, crushed
1 cup peanut butter
1 stick butter, melted
2 cups powdered sugar

Mix well and press into a 9 X 13 inch pan.

Melt 1 package of chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate. You use whatever you want.) and spread on top. Chill in fridge until the chocolate is firm enough to cut into bars. Return to fridge to harden chocolate and then enjoy. Keep the leftovers (if there are any) in the fridge.

Very rich, but Oh. So. Good.

Let me know if you make them and what you think.

3 comments:

  1. why was this recipe not in the byrd family cookbook?????????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Errrr...'cause Papa isn't around to remind me?

    I haven't made them in years! Don't yell at your favorite cousin!

    I have CRAFT! It runs in the family!

    Why didn't YOU remind me?

    I don't knooooowwwwwwww!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:30 AM

    those sound friggin' awesome..... and easy. I like easy to make food.

    ReplyDelete