Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dentistry hurts

Some of you may not know this, but I have a smiley face inlaid on one of my crowns. I've had it for a couple of years. My dentist actually stomped his foot and said (very firmly), "I WILL NOT PUT A SMILEY FACE ON YOUR TOOTH!" I would now like to refer you back to my first sentence. He ended up apologizing. He told me that he takes his work very seriously. Jolly for him, but since the Commander doesn't want me getting another tattoo (Oh yeah, I have one of those as well. I've actually lived longer with it than without it.), I decided to decorate my teeth. If I had made this decision a long time ago, I could have a small art gallery in my mouth by now.

Well, guess what? On the 9th of August, I'm getting my new crown COMPLETE with a paw print. I'm getting it in memory of my Tabby Cat. He tried to talk me out of it, but again, my mouth, my teeth, my money. I'll try to get a photo of them posted here if anyone wants to see them.

I have had the temporary crown on since Tuesday and MY MOUTH ACHES LIKES NOBODY'S BUSINESS!!!!! I have been popping Tylenol (Sorry liver. Oh, and, uh, sorry about all of the alcohol as well.) like crazy. I think I need to call him and let him take a look at it. I can handle most pain, but tooth and ear pain sucks.

On the bright side, I installed a ceiling fan yesterday.

We went to my BFF's house yesterday for her daughter's birthday and BFF showed me the fan they had bought and said her husband had started on it, but it was hard/complicated/difficult/etc. So I told her I would do it.

First off, I had her run an extension cord into the bedroom and plug in a lamp so we could see. Her husband ended up walking into the front room and telling everyone that we were one up on him in just doing that! I had never put up a ceiling fan before, but it wasn't as hard as I thought. (Except when I tossed a screw into my mouth to hold it and somehow managed to lodge it under my tongue.) BFF was my helper-outer. We just followed the directions and there ya go. One installed ceiling fan. I told her hubby he had to come mow my lawn, but I'm not holding my breath. heheheheheh

Side note to Goob - The Pirates We Could Have Been shirts are available up to size XXXL.

1 comment:

  1. WHOOT! And yeah, I'd LOVE to see pics!

    If stars can get bling on their "grill," why not you?

    ReplyDelete