Friday, March 16, 2007

Boast Post

Parent Teacher conferences this week.

I met with the Boy's Enrichment teacher today. He was tested last October, but I haven't ever asked 1) what test or 2) what the results were.

Today I asked.

1) The Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test Second Edition (KBIT2)

2) Holy Crap

I'm not going into detail because I'm not (quite) one of *those* moms, but let me just say "Upper Extreme". Plus, she said his IQ will go up 10-15 points. Maybe even 20. (Which is quite ironic because when I was pregnant, my IQ dropped at least that many points with that Baby Brain syndrome.)

I asked if there was anything we could do at home to help him out and she said communication. Communication, communication, communication. Talk to your kid. She said that their vocabulary is down 10,000 words from what it used to be. She is having to explain words to kids that she has never had to explain before. When I was growing up, newspapers wrote on a 8th grade level. She says now they write on a 4th grade level. That's crazy.



So anyway, here's an Easter joke for you.

What's invisible and smells like carrots?

Bunny farts.

Heh heh heh

2 comments:

  1. Hey feel free to be one of *those* moms. You contributed to his intellegence somehow right? If nothing else carrying him for 9+ months counts for something!

    I'm telling the kids that joke. Wait, maybe I better give that a second thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:56 PM

    Rock On!! Be proud, boast b/c I get to say I helped in the very beginning nurture that little brain. and I'm really hating pregnancy brain right now...4 and 1/2 months left. Lets see if I can survive..hehe.

    ReplyDelete