Friday, October 03, 2008

Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper?!

(Bonus points if you can name the source of the title.)

Wow. I am totally little Susie Homemaker today.

Yesterday afternoon, one of The Commander's aunts and I went out to a friend's farm and I brought back two sacks of apples, yellow squash and (ack) horseradish.

This morning, after The Boy got off to school, I sliced up three apples and put them into the dehydrator.

The Commander and I drove over to his aunt's house and trimmed up a tree for her then came back home and unloaded the brush into the pile.

I came back into the house and started supper in the crock pot - Brown Sugar Chicken. (I noticed there wasn't any salt in the recipe, so I salted down the chicken. As I was dumping in the second tablespoon of soy sauce, the little light went on above my head. Soy sauce = salty. Crossing my fingers.)

Now I am going back into the kitchen, turning the exhaust fans on and attempting to make, for the first time, prepared horseradish.

Wait, I might make Coconut Ice first.

__________

This weekend is going to be busy, busy.

There is a kids' program at the library tomorrow morning and then door-to-door Boy Scout popcorn sales.

I'm headed to coffee in the morning and then on to Mankato, MN with the aunts to meet my MIL and SILs and other assorted women for my MIL's birthday lunch at THE OLIVE GARDEN! Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sunday is church and Sunday school*. Then The Boy's scout pack is headed up to an apple orchard for orchard/pumpkin patch fun.

I need some B12.

__________

*A lady at church asked me if I wanted to teach Sunday school. Uh, thank you, no. A few weeks later, she told me the pastor was going to contact me about teaching Sunday school. Still no.

No one ever contacted me and what do you know - the church's newsletter came out and there was my name listed with the other Sunday school teachers. Not a happy camper. At all.

Being the trooper I am, I jumped right in and am teaching the crud out of this class. It isn't too bad. Class only lasts 40 minutes and I have yet to finish everything I had planned for the day. I only have three third graders. Thank goodness. If I had more kids, I might have to turn in my scissors.

1 comment:

  1. "Teaching The Crud Out Of A Religion Class"
    Should be your new tag line ;)

    ReplyDelete