Friday, March 03, 2006

Miss Directed

I have a lot of lost students who stop by my office looking for one building or the other. Just now? I had the best one EVAH!

Miss Directed - Excuse me?
Me - Yes?
MD - Can you tell me where I go to change my major?
Me - Uhhhh. Are you in Ag?
MD - No, I'm in HES.
Me - HES is in the building next door.
MD - I need to change it to Education. Is this "Building Name"?
Me - No, come with me. I'll show you which one.
We walk down hall toward the front door.
Me - The buildings aren't marked very well.
MD - They told me it was the pretty building. This one is pretty.
Me - (Pointing to "Pretty Building") It's *that* pretty building.
MD - Thanks!

Yikes. I hope she's shooting for Early Childhood Education and not High School Algebra.

The Pythagorean theorem is such a pretty theorem.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:36 AM

    That's really kinda scary if Miss Directed thinks our building is "pretty." Alsa, beauty is in the eye of the stupid.

    ReplyDelete